Do I Have to File a Tax Return for 2012?

Very popular question – here is the answer! Raleigh Tax AccountantYou must file a 2012 federal income tax return (due in April 2013) if your income is above a certain level; which varies depending on your filing status, age, and the type of income you receive. Check out these handy 2012 Federal Filing Requirements to find out if you need to file.

Even if you are not required to file it may be beneficial to do so if you had federal income tax withheld or if you qualify for credits such as the Earned Income Tax Credit, Additional Child Tax Credit, American Opportunity Credit, or the Health Coverage Tax Credit.

Simply Taxes, LLC is a local year-round tax preparation firm with an office located in North Raleigh. Our Raleigh accountants are ready to work one-on-one with you to help optimize your tax deductions and to resolve any other tax issues in a professional manner.

Related Articles:

What’s New for 2012 Tax Returns (Due in April 2013)?

2013 Income Tax Return Due Dates (For 2012 Returns)

Do I Have to File a North Carolina Tax Return for 2012?

2012 North Carolina Income Tax Rates

Still Missing Your W-2?

Guide to Choosing a Tax Preparer

The information contained within this article is for general guidance only. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consulting with professional accounting, tax, legal or other competent advisers.

This entry was posted in Personal Taxes, Small Business Taxes. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

Leave a Reply